When doctors and parents took him to the emergency room, they were startled by what they discovered behind his ear.

When Stephanie entered her son’s bedroom, she saw him acting strangely. Colin was still and quiet instead of racing around and playing. She noticed he was covered in tiny ticks after a closer investigation.

Ticks are little arthropods that feed on warm-blooded creatures like mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even humans. They attach themselves to their hosts to gain food and drain their blood.

Though they are usually harmless, their saliva can sometimes carry severe infections such as Lyme disease or Rocky Mountain spotted fever. That is why it is critical to correctly detect and remove any ticks you may find on your body or your pets.

2-min-8

Collin was resting in bed, gazing up at his mother, Stephanie, with a naughty twinkle in his eye when she hastily called her husband, Dillon. When they arrived at the hospital with their kid, they were astounded to learn that he had been paralyzed overnight.

Initially thinking it was because he had struck his head before his brother’s baseball game earlier that day, the doctors couldn’t uncover any signs of a concussion, mainly because Collin could still communicate quite well and wasn’t showing any outward symptoms.

Unfortunately, Colin’s condition progressively deteriorated, necessitating more rigorous testing and scans. Dillon and Stephanie were heartbroken to see their kid unable to move.

Collin could not eat anything when Stephanie and Dillon arrived at the hospital with him due to the severity of his illness. As his oxygen levels began to fall, he was swiftly transported to a larger institution with better equipment and medical care.

3-min-1024x626

ADVERTISEMENT

His parents quickly recognized that their son could have died from cardiac arrest if they had come even a few minutes later.

After extensive research, it was revealed that the root of Collin’s problems was a tiny tick implanted behind his ear, which both his parents and the medical staff had overlooked in their first exams.

His health quickly recovered to normal after removing the parasite from its host’s body. This incident highlighted the need for quick response times in such medical emergencies and thorough exams, no matter how minor or seemingly inconsequential an issue may look at first glance.

Even though tick bites are relatively common, occurrences of paralysis caused by bug saliva are uncommon. According to medical specialists, tick salivary glands emit a neurotoxin that can enter an individual’s bloodstream during feeding, eventually leading to paralysis.

Collin’s experience warns parents to always be on the lookout for their children’s well-being and safety.

It is critical to recognize the significance of such situations, as the consequences of poisons can be subtle and possibly life-changing. The neurotoxic chemical found in tick saliva has been linked to neurological problems such as temporary or permanent paralysis, convulsions, coma, and, in some circumstances, death.

Certain species have been shown to have additional hazardous chemicals capable of causing various forms of encephalitis, an inflammation of brain tissue.

Given these facts, it is strongly advised that parents take precautionary steps by educating themselves on the dangers of tick bites and actively obtaining assistance from experienced medical specialists if they fear their child has been exposed.

Spending time outdoors in wooded areas could include applying repellents or protective clothes, as well as checking for signs and symptoms of a tick bite. Parents can avoid circumstances similar to Collin’s family by being alert and adopting preventative measures.

ADVERTISEMENT
.
0 Shares
What do you think?
https://humblerise.com/