If you have one of these around you better get rid of it fast
You may not realize how dangerous this device is. Some may even think it is a toy, but really it may cause permanent blindness.
The boy had stared at a laser pointer. The family didn’t report he experienced any pain, but began having trouble seeing.
Optometrist Ben Armitage was called by the 14-year-old boy’s family physician to investigate why the boy was having difficulty with seeing. It soon became clear.
It apparently affected his macular and the damage will be permanent.
The parents had recently purchased a super high power laser and were irresponsible in letting him use the device.