Entire Family Dies After Young Woman Makes A Simple Mistake In The Kitchen


An 8-year-old was the only survivor.

#1 All Alone

This is 8-year-old Maria Chelysheva, from Russia. She lost her entire family to a freak home accident.


#2 Down To The Cellar

It all happened one day, when, one by one, four members of her family went down to the cellar to get some potatoes, and never came back.


#3 The Family

The family went to the cellar in the follwoing order: first the father Mikhail Chelyshev, 42, then the mother, Anastasia Chelysheva, 38, followed by the brother, Georgy Chelyshev, 18. The grandmother got scared and alerted a neighbor, but before assistance arrived, she went down too.


#4 The Cause

Potatoes had been stored in the cellar for quite a long time. Potatoes contain glycoalkaloids, a chemical compound that is also found in some poisonous plants. When stored for long or left in hot conditions, they become toxic and deadly. The older the potatoes, the stronger the toxicity. They all died from the poisonous fumes.
And, even though this sounds like a horror movie, it really happened.

Shares 201
What do you think?